Friday, February 09, 2007

U & I... In This Magical World

I believe in magic. Not one that requires fairies n elves, pixies n potions, castles n wands. I believe, quite simply, in the magic of life. There is magic everywhere...

I found magic in that girl walking towards me on the road. She was tiny with hardly enough skin to cover herself… there were several packets of ear buds n a few yellow mull cloths in her hand with eyes full of hope… That hope I realized was magic! I didn’t even let her go on with the usual ‘yekka, yekka! Pasikkudhu kaa!! Kaalailurundhu soru thingale kaa’ routine but bought the cloth immediately! Her hope that she would get something in return for what she had to offer was enough to stir that magic inside me!

I found magic once when the doctor asked me to look at the night sky after wearing my spectacles for the first time… I gasped when I saw so many stars n realized all of them were ‘round’! Till date, I always make time in the nights to watch the stars!

I find magic in waves… Especially after the tsunami… Its amazing to witness the control of the ocean, when all it takes is just a few minutes to gulp a city that was thriving with life seconds earlier… Pure Magic!

I find magic when ppl smile! Just that slight curve from the lips of a loved one is enough to make a magic potion to make anyone face anything… All those smiles r so precious n so many of us r so lucky to have it in abundance that we take it for granted…

When I look deeper, I find magic woven still deeper into all of us! All our emotions r magic… it’s a miracle to feel something… be it pain or pleasure! Anyone could define an emotion but not how those emotions feel and y we even feel them!! N that’s just the tip of the ice burg…

I feel am magic being a part of this miracle…

So as hutch goes…

“You And I… In This ‘Magical’ World”

4 comments:

Abhay said...

Magical...one word sums it all up :D

I feel a smile is the strongest magical spell....unbeatable !

I also find it magical that all of murphy's laws work more often than even Newton's theories :P

ps : its an iceberg and not an ice-burg...guess u were hungry when u typed tht sentence :P

Excited 2 B Alive said...

u r forever caught up with the murphy's laws huh?? :)

n @ the ps: no damaging in public forums!!! y do ppl have g talk?? :P

Anonymous said...

I wouldnt say u have the best of writing skills or u should take this as a profession.

But ur thoughts n the way u put them fwd is more a tonic and r getting addictive.

U r one reason for a soul to live longer!

God Bless.

Excited 2 B Alive said...

thanks a ton though didnt get much of wat u were tryin to say...

keep visiting! :)