Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lost and found - 'Myself'

If u r happy right now, its not bcoz everything about ur life is necesserily going right, but bcoz a rship that really matters to u the most is going great... If u r unhappy in life right now, its not bcoz everything about ur life is going wrong, but bcoz a rship that really matters to u the most is not going great...

Rhsips r like seeds... they have to be nurtured n developed... expectations r like weeds... they grow on their own accord... when enough investment goes into building a rship, the expectations in that rship can be managed... when a rship is left un-nurtured, then the expectations in that rship shake the very roots of the rship... our problem is growing expectations in stagnent rships...

let us use the metaphor of a savings bank account... deposits build the reserves in an account from which we can withdraw... but we can withdraw only to the extent we have built up the reserves... similarly, withdrawals in a rship r possible only to the extent we have made deposits in that rship...

In a rship where there is substantial emotional reserve, mistakes will be tolerated n forgiven, the meaning will be understood even when communication is inadequate, n ur intentions will be appreciated even if u fall a little short of ur actions... in all, the rship will be good bcoz u r considered good... n u r considered good bcoz of the deposits u have made to build emotional reserves in that rship...

Any rship that we get into with someone is a funny journey... we begin the journey by trying to know about that person, and half way through it, all we have to do is try to forget what we learnt... its a journey which reminds me of a pheonix... its born and its reborn again n again... during the course of our lives, there might be times we might have to severe a few rships... but it never completely dies... it just remains dormant quietly watching everything that happens...

Thinking about all this was a journey of self discovery for me... a self discovery that was so profiund that i feel am a better human now... n i can feel that i have crossed the cocoon phase once again... though the words below might be a reposting of one of my previous posts... its significance now just startled me...

I need a relationship in which I dont have to keep explaining myself. Nothing is more tiring in life than having to constantly explain urself. Infact, emotional tiredness drains u far more than physical tiredness. So, the search is for that one relationship in which i can enjoy the freedom of trust, where i dont have to explain everything about me.

I need a relationship in which I wont be held against myself. I have my strengths n i have my weaknesses. I have my shortcomings. The search is for that one relationship in which my lesser side will not be provoked n instigated constantly. I want someone who will always relate to my better side. I want that one relationship in which my positives will always be brought to the surface.

I need a relationship in which my today is not viewed with the mistakes i made yesterday. I need a relationship where my tomorrow's misery isnt already confirmed, for ive made a mistake today. As iam human... im bound to err occasionally... in fact, every now n then. I want someone who wont maintain a database of my mistakes. The search is for that relationship where yesterday's fight doesnt intrude into today's intimacy, where yesterday's arguement doesnt halt todays communication... where yesterday was over yesterday.

I need a relationship in which it isnt me who has to take the initiative all the time. I need a relationship where i can afford to be transperent. I need a relationship in which i dont have to alter my likes n dislikes in order to gain n retain the relationship. I need a relationship in which my self-image is not scratched. I need a relationship in which iam not asked to be anyone other than who iam... what iam. I need a relationship in which i feel completely myself... even more than when iam with my own self.

I need that one relationship in which i feel as though iam once again in my mother's womb... A relationship in which my heart always feels... just born.If u already have one such relationship... plz go down on ur knees in gratitude, for there cannot be a greater gift from life. Such a relationship is life's greatest gift.If u dont have one, despair not. Didnt he say from the mountain top- "Do unto others what u want others do unto u?" Can we be that one to someone else? Let's gift ourselves into someone's life. Let's love someone so completely that we make ourselves worthy of being someone's greatest gift.. :)

1 comment:

Pushan Sikdar said...

how much time did it take for u to pen it??
writing on smth so complex...must have taken lodsa thinking power.
excellent work....