Sunday, April 02, 2006

An unforgettable experience...

The incident that am about to narrate now was one of the most terrifying incidents that ive come across in my life... I'am really lucky that am alive to even type this post... It changed my perspective about life that things need not be the same even the next second... anything could happen... ANYTHING.

I was in my 7th std at that point of time. I can still vividly remember everything that happened that day... Our school had planned to take the 6th, 7th and the 8th std students to the local children's park. We started to plan out literally a fortnight before the trip... the topics of discussion before, during and after school were necessarily about that trip...

Thank fully,the day was bright and pleasant and the weather was just ideal for an outing. So the whole of our gang were packed with all kinds of guddies from ice creams (yes! we took ice creams in our water coolers), chocolates, pastries, chips, lunch n just everything. Our teachers had an impression that we were famished for the whole of the previous month.

We couldnt shut our mouth all the way from our school to the park. We were either yakking, munching or singing. It was just absolute bliss to have an opinion about everything that was happening around and it necessarily had to be stupid and funny and not to forget the non stop giggles. Maybe if i had known what i wouldve had to face after a couple of hours from that time, i wouldnt have even thought about opening my mouth for my life time... but the energy and the excitement level inside the bus was just crackling... Whew!!! The teacher incharge did have a tough time copping with us.

We got down the bus and we just drew a bee line to the play area (warming up session)... after we got over with the play area, we unconsciously divided ourselves into small groups and started re-discovering the park again. the children's park in the city was and is owned by the govt n so it was obviously quite huge compared to all the other usual parks in the city... So we started walking through the endless roads all around the park...

All of a sudden i spotted a nice, white fluffy rabbit just around the corner. It looked soooo adorable that somehow i started following it all alone with a 5 star bar in my hand... But obviously the rabbit was much faster than me and I had to stop to catch my breath... But something made the hair on my neck tingle and rise and i turned back...

To my horror, I was standing FACE TO FACE with a LION!!!!! It was an utter shock and everything stopped around me... guess rather inside me.... I knew it was foolishness to even make the slightest movement and i was obviously not strong enough to face even a german shepherd puppy... I knew with my first glance that the lion was definitely old and hungry... yes... it was HUNGRY... I could sense it with the way the lion was looking at me... I guess even the lion wanted to be careful not to miss out on the prey coz it didnt seem to make a move either... both of us were weighing each other... i dont even remember for how many seconds this battle was going on but i definitely felt as if i spent hours together looking at the lion...

I bloody well knew i had to make a decision now or never coz it was getting late... As i was trying to make a decision something touched my shoulders... THAT WAS IT.... i SCREAMED OUT IN HORROR and turned back to find that my teacher was holding me... I could see that even she was scared from the sight of the lion... I could sense it from the way she was holding me...

At that moment i somehow felt tired... physically, emotionally, mentally.... i couldnt bare it anymore... i could even say that i was getting bored... i guess even the lion sensed my weakness... but well.... i really didnt know what else to do.

So i just had to go to the next cage to look at the tiger... :P

7 comments:

Bunky Jumping Pundit said...

whoa...that was close.....so did you kiss the tiger in the next cage...may be u kissed ur teacher instead....that was a good post.....i couldn't take my eyes off until i read the last line...and U ..dont ever come in front of me b cos i am worse than that lion...ha ha....nice post...super build up....

ananda84 said...

If you would have gone to see the next cage,i.e the monkey section...u could have seen moi :P

Excited 2 B Alive said...

@ BJP
u r worse than that lion??? in what way? :)

@ Ganesh
Guess this post is attracting a fair amount of self confession :P

Bunky Jumping Pundit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bunky Jumping Pundit said...

i would have not just stood there...but would have looked at the cute little girl standing in front of me and winked.....ha ha...like u would have seen in those cartoon channels..cute little girls dance with the lions...getting too creative...letmme shut up now....cute post ..well done again

Abhay said...

echo bunky - amazin build up. can draw parallels with my Mirinda post akcheli ;)

Excited 2 B Alive said...

@ BJP...
Man... i guess ur imaginations r running really high... but that was a different way of thinking :P.. hope it couldve happened after all...

@ abhay..
is modesty by any chance ur middle name? :)
n anywayz thanks yaar