Tuesday, June 01, 2010

The road comes free


I walked the bustling parthasarathi kovil street,
with the blazing sun setting low, orange'ing' everything.
my lunch bag in one hand n books in the other,
Chattering to no end with my best friends.

I walked through the unknown roads in ooty,
fingers clutched together wid cold n fear, hoping to dissolve into nothingness.
cold coz i didnt know ooty wld b so freezing,
fear coz i didnt know ill flunk my 10th math.

I walked almost the entire stretch of R.K.Saalai
oblivious of all the cars n buses n bikes n cycles riding beside me.
smiling at everyone n laughing for the silliest jokes,
holding in my hand, my admission card for college.

I walked through the solitary lanes in kalakshetra,
amidst the beautiful tress n birds n lot of peace.
listening to my rhythmic foot steps time to time
I wished i had someone walking with me n hold my hand.

I walked the long roads in goa,
dancing, singing n shouting with vigor.
Knowing not whether to grasp the beaches n its people,
or just give in to the inner child that lay within me.

I walked the small connecting roads in besant nagar,
trying to express something that i knew was extremely dear.
like how the waves come n go with no promises,
life also moves on with no pit stops.
heyheyhey
I walked round n round around my flats,
trying to blank my head n make time stop.
the breeze cooled the heat in my head,
the rain after just drenched me n my thoughts.

I walked down marine drive,
happy high after a night of partying with bro n friends.
watching the dark waves splashing on the rocks,
just happy that life is good, atleast for this moment.

I walked down the side lanes in guruvaayur,
knowing one invisible person was following me.
i didnt have to turn to find a peacock feathered flutist behind me,
cos i cld hear him calling out inspite of me not seeing him.

I walked the whirling footpaths in theosophical society
with green, green n more green till my eyes could reach.
i knew then that sometime before i said goodbye,
i wld wanna leave behind something like this n more.

Walking through the roads never mattered,
but walking with whom always did.
life, i have noticed, may never remain the same,
so walk.. coz the road comes free.

4 comments:

DreamzNeverDie said...

If the roads are free then who we walk with wouldn't matter... Who we walk with matters where we walk in. The roads are never free.. but whoever we walk with might make it seem like its free :)

Arun Ganesan said...

I love this the most so far.. you've been walking through the memory lane

shamanth nag said...

we dont walk,for the roads are free,but we walk to reach a destination,we dont walk for the roads are free,but we walk for we had to walk to our destination,sometimes we need to walk even though the roads are crowded,for we have to reach our destinations,sometimes we have to walk without anything,we simply walk as you wrote in this beautiful poem is because we have legs to walk,neither concerned about the road or the destination...

the presentation is really good....all the best

Madan Panathula said...

Nicely written..... Short Journies which everyone would have undertaken..