Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wat do i want in my guy?

The problem with irregular blogging is losing touch! one loses touch so much that its super hard to find something to write about even if one is in the mood to write...

So where do i begin? Since there is absolutely nothing that seems to strike me, lemme begin with this long pending tag! i remember being tagged eons back but no clues who tagged me...

According to Indian culture.. specifically the south indian culture, its quite an offense to say 'am no marriage material'... its all the more bad when all of a sudden everyone around me is either getting into rships, getting out of rships, getting married, having babies... its all part of the age factor but fortunately or unfortunately its been wonderful to have been just a spectator till now...

so when the tag was about 'wat do i expect from my guy' i decided to take a very mature (or do we call it romantic?!) stance initially, saying 'ill know when he comes around'...

But it all started when a music director that i respect n am very fond of asked me the same question, i jovially answered 'i have no clues'.. it was his turn to make fun of me saying its been more than a decade since he heard a 'modern girl' give such a reply... they r supposedly very clear about wat they want... later my parents get into the boy hunting thamasha n shoot the same question... am quite doubtful this time but give the same answer n they get annoyed! annoyed not bcoz i wasnt sure, but they didnt have the heart to leave the 'wat i expect' coloumn blank in my (their) shaadi.com profile (yuck!)

So as am tired of this routine n i myself am curious, no harm in thinking aloud i guess... ( but i still feel its impossible to state specifications! he is not gonna b some product i wanna buy for gods sake!)

First things first... Lemme start with my initial, superficial expectations
1. More than good looks its a gr8 positive confident attitude that pulls me... who cares about looks.. its all about the way he carries himself n looks at life!
2. Can u b tall pls!? atleast much taller than me...
3. Cleanliness is really really really important... n i zero down on the toe nails... if that aint clean, nothing else is clean...
4. I dont like ppl who dress up shabby n hate the ones that dress up too much(the muscle T, leather pants)! A smart white shirt n blue denim with a bit of stubble wld suffice! (Typical)
5. Finally... smell good!

So coming to my other (basic) expectations...
1. I love natural genuine ppl... always! U dont try impressing me n neither do i have to impress u... no pretence... its always nice to meet ppl with whom i dont have to b careful...
2. Flirts... i find so many that it sometimes gets boring... if u can flirt smart, wonderful! but i also find a few who finds it hard not to flirt... not my types at all! experience has taught me enough ;)
3. Conversations, sense of humour... if one has all that, they r supposed to be popular.. for me, i dont care... just b normal n dont try too hard!
4. I want my guy to b just simple n straight fwd

But at the end of the day all these r pretty name sake!

Guess ill still know only when he comes around!

2 comments:

Bunky Jumping Pundit said...

very complex requirement jannu!

Excited 2 B Alive said...

lol... i already find this 1 month old post quite lame!!!!! ive heard of ppl growing up.. how do i manage growing down sometimes :P