Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Relationships..

I need a relationship in which I dont have to keep explaining myself. Nothing is more tiring in life than having to constantly explain urself. Infact, emotional tiredness drains u far more than physical tiredness. So, the search is for that one relationship in which i can enjoy the freedom of trust, where i dont have to explain everything about me.

I need a relationship in which I wont be held against myself. I have my strengths n i have my weaknesses. I have my shortcomings. The search is for that one relationship in which my lesser side will not be provoked n instigated constantly. I want someone who will always relate to my better side. I want that one relationship in which my positives will always be brought to the surface.

I need a relationship in which my today is not viewed with the mistakes i made yesterday. I need a relationship where my tomorrow's misery isnt already confirmed, for ive made a mistake today. As iam human... im bound to err occasionally... in fact, every now n then. I want someone who wont maintain a database of my mistakes. The search is for that relationship where yesterday's fight doesnt intrude into today's intimacy, where yesterday's arguement doesnt halt todays communication... where yesterday was over yesterday.

I need a relationship in which it isnt me who has to take the initiative all the time. I need a relationship where i can afford to be transperent. I need a relationship in which i dont have to alter my likes n dislikes in order to gain n retain the relationship. I need a relationship in which my self-image is not scratched. I need a relationship in which iam not asked to be anyone other than who iam... what iam. I need a relationship in which i feel completely myself... even more than when iam with my own self.

I need that one relationship in which i feel as though iam once again in my mother's womb... A relationship in which my heart always feels... just born.

If u already have one such relationship... plz go down on ur knees in gratitude, for there cannot be a greater gift from life. Such a relationship is life's greatest gift.

If u dont have one, despair not. Didnt he say from the mountain top- "Do unto others what u want others do unto u?" Can we be that one to someone else? Let's gift ourselves into someone's life. Let's love someone so completely that we make ourselves worthy of being someone's greatest gift.. :)

7 comments:

$|-|/\KZ said...

Hmmm good one!! This is how everyone feels at the beginning of their relationship!!

Anonymous said...

True true.....would'nt we all love to have such a relationship.

Anonymous said...

But wouldn’t you be curious as to why the other person is not concerned about where you have been and what you were doing. Even though you know that you have made a mistake, why is he / she not pointing it out? And if you’re loved ones don’t point out your mistakes who will. Definitely then, you would start to wonder if the other person really cares about you or not. What is this relationship based on - fear or undying faith & trust, which you know don’t really exists no matter what. Fear, fear of loosing you if he says something which you may not like....so he shutsup & smile always. Tells you its ok.

We humans are trained to doubt the other person, no matter who they are, from our childhood. Our parents are always telling us to watch out and be careful of the people around us - "what did he do to you", "Is he a good friend?", "don’t talk to strangers"....etc..etc.

So as adults it’s only natural that we doubt everyone else other than ourselves. We might not express it always but we do it feel it always.

Excited 2 B Alive said...

smartalic... u have understood the whole thing upside down...
i wasnt trying to say dont question ur partner...thats utter stupidity.. what i was trying to say is that there should be a basic level of trust... coz every action of ours is deemed right or wrong depending upon the circumstances that we r in...
n regarding the pointing out stuff... i never said do not point out the mistakes but dont keep repeating them even after some 10 yrs is what i said...
n ya... we r trained to doubt ppl... but "strangers"... my mom never taught me to doubt her or anyone close to me... for we dont get into a rship with a stranger immediately right?
so its the other way around from what u said... as adults we should place our priorities right n doubt ppl n things that need to be doubted n not be paronoid about it...

Bunky Jumping Pundit said...

wonderful post!!! i liked the sentence emotional stress is higher than the physical stress...

Anonymous said...

Excellent post..Have learnt a lot from this posts. Well written and communicated..

ananda84 said...

You guys just think way too much!!
The More ye think the more confused you get.

The problem starts with a single word..'Expectation' !.
Change that to acceptance..and go on.